- The Lessons (of letting go of dreams and people that I hold dear and to willingly accept God's perfect plan for my life, of learning to look to my Heavenly Father for my deepest needs and desires vs. look to people for those things).
- The Challenges (of facing new experiences, of doing things outside of my abilities or comfort zones).
- The Opportunities for growth (through Sunday school service, good books and good sermons/church events, discipleship with Ashley, small group Bible study, grad school, 'relationships,' interpersonal communication, etc).
- The Blessings (of a fantastic summer job, of such precious and very dear family and friends who love the Lord, of such a wonderful Church family to surround us when our family is overseas, of God's continued and and steadfast love and faithfulness every day).
At the beginning of 2014, I prayed for God to help me know Him more. Looking back, I can truly say that He used all those things in 2014 to help answer that prayer, for each of those things truly brought me to my knees and pushed me to the feet of my Savior!
Now, I face 2015. I have no idea what it will hold. I have no idea of the heart-aches, the blessings, the challenges, or the joys that it will bring. But, I do know one thing: I know that my Heavenly Father holds my future in His hand and that "His way is perfect."
In this coming year, I pray for many things. I pray that God would continue growing me in areas that I need to grow in. I pray for grace to be more of a giver vs. a taker, for boldness to be a better witness for my Savior, and for strength to prepare my heart for the return of my Lord.
But, if I were to sum up my prayer for 2015, I would say that I pray with all my heart that I would learn to look to my Heavenly Father for my hearts deepest desires! I pray for grace to look to Him to satisfy my heart's deepest desires this year.
"Satisfy us in the morning with Your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." - Psalm 90:14
"As the deer pants for the water / So my soul longeth after You / You alone are my heart's desire / And I long to worship You." - As the Deer
I pray that I would look to my Lord for joy, acceptance, satisfaction, and fulfillment.
"Like the woman at the well, I was seeking / For those things that could not satisfy / And then I heard my Savior speaking / 'Draw from My well that never shall run dry' // Fill my cup, Lord / I lift it up, Lord / Come and quench this thirsting soul… Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole." - Richard Blanchard
This is my prayer. This is my heart's desire for 2015.
"Oh Father, fill my longing soul with more of You! Teach me to look to You for my deepest dreams and desires and for my every need. Give me the grace to be fully satisfied in You alone."

No comments:
Post a Comment