2016… WOW. What a year! Little did I know what to expect these past 12 months!
In 2016, I finished up graduate classes then began and
finished 6 months of fieldwork, began a dating relationship for the first time
and eventually got engaged and began planning a wedding, and then I finally graduated TWU with
my Master’s in OT. Aside from accomplishments and life happenings, my dear
parents moved back to the same side of the world, we moved across town, and God
used so many ups and downs to teach me, grow me, refine me, humble me, and show
me more of Himself—as He always does.
As I reflect on 2016, I am so encouraged by the ways God
showed me more of Himself and how He fulfills and meets my deepest needs and
desires in His perfect way and timing. 2016 seemed to be a year where God
exposed so many of my fears and how they seemed to keep me captive and hold me
back from moving forward and trusting Him as well as enjoying the moment.
As I begin 2017, I face this year seeing so many new
opportunities, new life changes, and new seasons.
- I will {Lord-willing} find a real job and actually begin applying my newly learned Occupational Therapy skills to help others.
- I will marry a man that God has deepened my love for over this past year as I see his heart for the Lord and the Gospel and others.
- I will face changes of leaving my family as a single girl to marry my fiancé, of changing my name, and learn all that is involved with becoming a married woman.
- I will have the honor of loving and growing alongside a loving and hilarious man as we serve the Lord together.
- I will face a continued refining processes that marriage brings as well as such a neat opportunity to present the Gospel to the watching world.
Thus, anticipating all these new things for this coming year, my two words for 2017 are SEEK and TRUST. It is my prayer
that God would grant me the grace to:
- SEEK Him and His Kingdom. I want to seek to know Him more, to seek to understand His character, to seek to know and believe His promises and Truths, to seek to live a life that honors Him from the inside out.
- TRUST that He will provide and hold to His promises. I want to trust that He cares for His own, to trust that He will meet my needs, to trust that He will walk with me in life struggles for He never leaves me, and to trust that He will satisfy my every longings and desires.
It is my prayer that I would seek and delight in my God and trust in Him fully. As
I begin a year of so many changes, I want Him to be my Source of Hope, Joy,
Confidence, and Satisfaction. He alone can provide all that I need.
I want to seek My God first and foremost, to know and trust
His character so that I will have His peace in the midst of unknowns and
uncertainties.
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." - Isaiah 26:3
"Your grace abounds in deepest waters / Your sovereign hand / Will be my guide / Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me / You've never failed and You won't start now // So I will call upon Your Name / And keep my eyes above the waves / When oceans rise / My soul will rest in Your embrace / For I am Yours and You are mine." - Oceans by Hillsong


No comments:
Post a Comment