"Show me your redeemed life, and I might be inclined to believe in your redeemer." - posed by a 19th century German philosopher by the name of Heinrich Heine.
{So. Convicting.}
When I first heard that quote at our Church's Ladies Retreat over the weekend, I felt as if my heart was pricked. "What do others observe in my life," I asked myself, "What do they notice about me? Can they see that I am living a redeemed life? Can they see that Jesus is the center of my life, that I am living for my Redeemer? Or do they see something else?"
Christ has saved us and redeemed us, and He has done so for a purpose. We are His, and we are to live like we are His.
Yet, do we?
Can people look at us and say, "There's something different about them. They are not like the world around them. They doesn't react in anger or only think of themselves. They aren't out to hurt and tear down. They aren't full of pride and don't even seem to fear death itself. Something else radiates out of their life. They live like they belongs to Christ."
In, 1 Timothy 4:12, we are charged to live a redeemed life and to be an example of one who follows Christ: "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conduct, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."
How about us? Are we being an example of the believers? Are we reflecting the One Who has saved, cleansed, and sanctified us? Is Christ being reflected through our words, actions, love, and thoughts?
What are we reflecting in our lives? What do our lives tell others? Can they see Jesus in you and in me?
May we live a victorious life in Christ and let Him shine through us as we walk with Him day by day, hour by hour, and moment by moment.
{Reflect your Redeemer as you live your redeemed life in Him}

No comments:
Post a Comment