Some of it's biggest challenges of 2021 include:
- Physical health issues
- Battling THE virus ourselves and almost losing Miguel
- Still grieving the loss of dad as well as grieving the loss of life as we knew it around us (and the ever-changing country and world)
- Miguel's extremely busy schedule and insane hours all year long (and the feeling of being a single parent while trying to hold down the fort and work part time)
Yet this years biggest blessings of 2021 include the following:
- the gift of an amazing new church to be a part of and the sweet ladies community at Bible study
- Spiritual lessons and refining
- Blessing and miracle of a NEW HOME in the crazy housing market
- Healing from THE virus
- Mom's generosity to let us stay with her longer while Mr. Cabrera kindly remodels our new home.
- A new job for Miguel with much better hours and more time for family
- Sweet family times and new memories towards the end of the year
- God always providing for our needs just when we need it
Looking back on 2021, I can truly say that God was faithful to His loving and forgiving character even when I was not faithful to follow Him whole-heartedly. I do not deserve His love and grace and mercy. I humbly thank Him and praise Him for the way He held me in His arms and went after my aching heart this year.
"Never once did we ever walk alone/ Never once did you leave us on our own / You are faithful God, You are faithful."
I will be honest and say I am very anxious when looking ahead to this new year. I anticipate more shutdowns, more government control, less freedoms, and more signs of the End Times. It can be scary but God is still teaching me to have a right perspective on life and this next year.
Thus, despite my concerns that this year may bring, I am looking forward to these in the new year:
- Finally being able to move into our new home in a few months
- A new baby on the way
- Lord-wiling living more for eternity
- Trusting God in the scary changes around us and taking my worrisome thoughts captive
My specific prayers for this new year of 2022 is to
- Grow in a kind heart and kind words. "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Draw near to the Lord and take my anxious thoughts captive. "Let us draw near with a true heart." Hebrews 10:12; "Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--thing about such things" Philippians 4:8
No comments:
Post a Comment