Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fleeting Moments....

"Whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away." 
James 4:14


Summer is walking out the door, and all around us Fall is starting to make its arrival.:-) 

And oh, how I love the Fall! 
The crisp air, clear skies, colorful leaves, outdoor campfires, and smells of cider and spices are just a few of the reasons why I get so excited about this season.:-) 


Whenever Fall comes around, I am also reminded of how soon not only the weather seasons change but also how fleeting the moments in life are.

Minutes, hours, days, years.... they all fly by our eyes, and before we know it they are gone
People grow up. Goodbyes happen. Things change. 

None of us are guaranteed tomorrow--or even the next minute. Each of our precious moments are fleeting. They are ticking away on the God's Time Clock, and only He knows how many more "ticks" you and I have left on this earth.

Life is full of time-wasters and things that fill our time. They may seem harmless and even fun at the moment, yet there are only certain things that are going to matter in eternity: 

"Only one life;
T'will soon be past.
Only what's done 
 For Christ will last." 

Life is short. Don't waste it. Live every moment for God.

{May we make the most of our fleeting moments here on earth, living for the things that will really  matter for eternity.} 

2 comments:

  1. Thank You Meagan! Such a great reminder! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah! You just brightened my day.:-) I didn't even know that I had any followers on my blog! :-) Thank you for your comment, dear!

    ReplyDelete