Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Sovereignty of God

I love quotes! Not only do I keep a log of the many ones that I like, but also I have subscribed to receiving daily quotes via email. And, I thoroughly enjoy it.:-)

The other day, the following quote appeared in my inbox. It is a simple yet powerful quote that helped remind me of my Father’s sovereignty:

“God has in himself all power to defend you, all wisdom to direct you, all mercy to pardon you, all grace to enrich you, all righteousness to clothe you, all goodness to supply you, and all happiness to crown you.” – Thomas Brooks

I've reread that quote several times already and have spent some time really thinking on God's truths in it. I don't know about you, but every time I dwell about the magnificence of our God I am motivated to acknowledge His sovereignty and to lift up praises unto His Name.

He truly is our All in all, the Most High and Sovereign God, and He alone is worthy to be praised.:-)


“For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.” (Romans 11:36)

{May you take the time to today to reflect on the sovereignty of God and His goodness.}

No comments:

Post a Comment