Tuesday, December 31, 2024

My Prayer for 2025

Whew! I thought 2023 was rough... but 2024 surpassed it! 2024 was by far a year of overwhelming emotions! From dealing with my melanoma skin cancer, to dealing with all the "what if's" to dealing with the anxieties of my suture reactions, to facing so many physical and emotional limitations... this year was nothing short of challenging in many ways. 

HOWEVER, I do not want to remember 2024 as the year of all my fears and anxieties--of how I thought I might not catch my skin cancer in time and therefore no make it through the end of the year, or of how I struggled day to day with my health challenges. 

Instead, I want to focus on all the ways God provided throughout the year, and focus on how He gave me a second chance to serve Him with my life on this earth.

I praise the Lord for all the ways He held me up this year as well as provided for my every need. I could not have made it through 2024 without the Lord's amazing grace and His goodness each and every moment. 

I specifically praise the Lord for:

1) His Word that uplifted me when I felt down and discouraged

2) His Holy Spirit that sanctified me in the fires

3) His forgiveness for many times I "fell short" by trying to operate in my own strength when overcome in the moment of my fears/anxieties/limitations

4) His amazing grace and mercy each day and moment

5) An early detection of my melanoma cancer as well as skilled medical professionals to remove it and all the resources during the healing process.

6) The loving support from body of Christ of friends and family to run race of life together.

7) A "second chance" to serve Him on this earth.








I pray that 2025 would be a year that I would:

- Make the most of this "second chance" that God has given me,  

- Savor each moment with my family,  

- Walk by His Spirit and not react,  

- Feast on His Word vs. the opinions of others

- And seek to know Him more and make Him known.


I want my primary focus of 2025 to be nothing but sitting at the feet of Jesus. By God's grace, He will enable me to do this.

"You are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary." - Luke 10:41-42



No comments:

Post a Comment